Common Questions about Vacation Rental Homes
- How do I book a home?
- You can either make a booking directly on this website by using the "check availability box" to the left. Or you can call our office at 815-433-5000 option 2 and a reservationist will be glad to help you.
- Is booking online secure?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a reservation. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Can I bring my pet with me?
- SELECT cottages are dog-friendly. There is a $75 charge to have a pet on-premises. If you have not gotten permission from Harbor Inn and paid the $75 fee then you do not have permission to bring any pet on-premises.
Some of our homeowners, their family, and guests of the Harbor Inn are allergic to pets and pet hair, therefore in our terms and conditions, we do include a penalty for guests who do not follow the pet policy of each individual home.
We do have a dog park at the west entrance of the resort, called River Run Dog Park.
Doggies can also enjoy alfresco dining on the patio of the Red Dog Grill, please ask for the doggie menu.
- What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
- Our vacation homes are stocked in such a way that you always feel like you are coming "home" to your "vacation home" rather than returning to a small hotel room. Our homes have full kitchens, with some homes having games and BBQ grills. You will be able to enjoy a full-service home while you are on vacation rather than a small, cramped hotel room.